What is Kappa League?
The Guide Right Program
Guide Right is a program for the educational and occupational guidance of youth, primarily inspirational and informational in character. Its reach extends to high schools and colleges alike.
The purposes of the Guide Right Service Program are to place the training, experience, and friendly interest of successful men, at the disposal of youth needing inspiration and counsel regarding their choice of a life's career, while the community is made aware of the problems that may be encountered as these youth seek to realize lives of usefulness.
Kappa League Objectives
The basic objectives of the Kappa Leadership Development League may be summarized as follows:
- To help youth, especially those of high school graduating classes, in their selection of courses leading to vocations compatible with their aptitudes and personalities.
- To assist students, while they are training, to get started in the employment, and to progress successfully in they're chosen fields.
- To assist parents in the handling of their children by given them the opportunities to talk over their problems with those who know and are successful in their chosen vocations.
- To afford the less fortunate youths a respite from the drudgery of the streets, through sponsored trips to ball games, zoological garden, museums, theater, and other activities.
- To inform youth of the values of higher education, assistance available for continued pursuits, scholarship, loans, professional opportunities, and of current labor demands and the trends on the effect of these demands and trends on the labor market.
Guide Right is a year around program. The Fort Lauderdale Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Incorporated has implemented its Guide Right Program with Kappa League. It embodies all aspects of the National Program with specific emphasis on leadership development and self-motivation for career achievement.
The Kappa League is an organization orientated toward helping students in grades 9 – 12 and Jr. Kappa League grades 7-8; develop their talents and potential in every field of human endeavor. It provides both challenging and rewarding experiences through orientated activities. The members are exposed to planning, executing and reporting ideas, stimulating good leadership characteristics, designed to raise their aspiration level.